slickr-flickr tag=”South Africa”
The Speeding Theatre was formed in Fall 2011 by a group of former participants in the UNLV Senior Adult Theatre Program who wanted to provide older adults with opportunities to continue their pursuit of art, culture, socialization and giving to the community. It is the first and only senior theatre company to have been granted a corporate charter in Nevada and was granted nonprofit 501 (c) (3) status by the Internal Revenue Service in 2012.
Ways To Donate to Support Speeding Theater – Over 55
1. Visit SmithsCommunityRewards.com
2. Sign in to your Online Account, or create an account
3. Find and select The Speeding Theatre – Over 55 account and click “Save”
The Speeding Theatre’s mission:
To provide older adults with opportunities to engage with theatre artists of all ages to entertain, delight, and educate the Las Vegas Valley Community.
Speeding’s vision has become multi-faceted as it has evolved over the years:
- To serve as a production house to produce multi-generational themed plays, musicals, and performances for the entertainment of the Las Vegas Valley community.
- To perform outreach shows that service the community in nursing homes, senior centers, assisted living and day care facilities, libraries, and other places where the public gathers.
- To offer workshops and classes for the education and training of creative artists of all ages interested in learning the variety of skills used in theatre.
The Speeding Theatre holds weekly workshops for seniors to hone their performance and other theatre skills for their outreach variety shows and productions. Speeding always welcomes new participants who are interested in becoming members of this senior company.